Last Updated on March 16, 2021 by Editorial Staff
Nowadays India is progressively becoming one of the top adventure sports destinations worldwide. There are many top water sports destinations in India which offers many water sports including river rafting, scuba diving, knee boarding, Jetskiing, Kayaking, and much more.
Water sports in India can be done during any time of the year, and adventure enthusiasts can indulge in all these activities without any prior knowledge or any formal training by experts.
Below we have listed of watersports destinations in India:
It is said that water sport is one of the best ways to enjoy the beauty and charm of beaches. Goa is said to be the best water sports Indian destination which should be visited by every adventure enthusiast. There are endless options for water activities in Goa’s vast coastline. You can also enjoy the bungee jumping at Anjuna Beach.
A traveler will get everything from fast water sports such as windsurfing to slow water sports such as scuba diving in one of the best beach destinations of India. Goa is the perfect place to visit if you want to experience all the amazing water sports on scintillating Deep Ocean.
Water sports to enjoy in Goa
There are many water activities which can be enjoyed by every visitor in Goa
- Sunset cruises
- Scuba diving
- Water skiing
Popular spots in Goa to enjoy water sports
There are many popular places in Goa to enjoy the above-listed water activities. They are
- Calangute Beach– Here you can enjoy jet-skiing, parasailing, banana ride, kayaking, windsurfing and many more.
- Sinquerim Beach-Here you can enjoy parasailing, water-skiing, scuba diving, jet-skiing snorkeling, and windsurfing.
- Baga Beach– Here you can enjoy knee wakeboarding, snowboarding, surfing, and water skiing.
- Dona Paula– Here you can enjoy parasailing, toboggan ski-biscuit, windsurfing, kayaking, snorkeling, sports fishing, harpoon fishing, yachting, and ski-bobbing.
- Anjuna Beach– Here you can enjoy windsurfing, paragliding, Scuba diving, bungee jumping, parasailing, and many other sports.
- Majorda Beach– Here you can enjoy surfing, parasailing, and skiing.
- Mobor Beach– Here you can enjoy banana bump rides, winch-boat parasailing, water skiing, windsurfing, speed boat rides, kayaking and Ringo rides.
- Colva Beach– Here you can enjoy paragliding, banana boat riding, jet-skiing, parasailing, snorkeling, speed boat, and a motorboat rides.
The Andaman Islands is recognized as one of the prime water sports destinations in India. The place boasts not only amazing water sports activities bit also offers Island’s unique water sports activities too.
Andaman is a destination which has much more to offer than just beautiful beaches and perfect sunset’s views. It is the best place to venture out into the sea and to dig up the mysteries.
Andaman steals every traveler’s breath for sure. It is the best beach sports activity in india for fun. There are many water activities that you can enjoy in Andaman. Let’s have a look at them.
Water sports activities that can be enjoyed in Andaman
- Jet Ski Ride
- Banana Boat ride
- Speed boat ride
- Scuba diving
- Undersea walking
- Sports fishing or Angling
- Ride in seaplane
- Dolphin watching
Spots in Andaman which offers many water sports
- Port Blair – the best spot to enjoy snorkeling in Andaman
- North Bay Island at Port Blair or Elephant beach at Havelock Island- here you can enjoy Sea Walking
- Andaman Dolphin Glass Boat Ride
- Andaman Semi-Submarine (Coral Safari)
- Boat Ride to Ross and North Bay Island
- Snorkeling or diving with swimming elephant
- Surfing in Hut Bay
- Scuba diving at Havelock Island
- Mangrove Kayaking at Mayabunder
There are many destinations in India to enjoy best water sports. It is known to be one of the topmost destinations to enjoy kayaking and river rafting.
Adventure enthusiasts can also combine river rafting with camping in Rishikesh. It can be your most adventurous and shortest trip for a couple of hours. In Rishikesh, you can also choose the longer rafting experience trip too which can extend for a couple of nights.
Water sports can be enjoyed in Rishikesh
Rishikesh as everything for every adventure enthusiasts, weather be young or old or else fit or not fit. There is a list of water activities which you can enjoy in this amazing water sports destination in India:
- River rafting and Tubing
- Kite surfing
- Water skiing
- Jet skiing
- Cliff jumping
- Waterfall trekking
- Waterfall rappelling
- Boat surfing
Nainital is recognized as one of those places where you can feel and enjoy the thrill and adventure of water sports amidst nature. It is the perfect Indian destination offering adventure and beauty.
It is known to be one of the most visited hill stations of North India which have a lot more to offer to honeymoon couples and adventure enthusiasts. You can also enjoy here Zip line in Nainital.
Water sports that can be enjoyed in Nanital
- Water zorbing
- River crossing
- Cliff jumping
Spots in Nainital to enjoy water sports
There are many spots in Nainital offering some of the best thrilling activities which should not be missed by any traveler.
- Boating in Naukuchiatal, Naini Lake and Bhimtal.
- Rappelling near Bhimtal
- River crossing at the Sattal lake
- Water zorbing at Bhimtal
- Cliff jumping and swimming in Mukteshwar
Kerala is not only famous for its lush landscapes and organic beauty but also has an endless list of activities that can be enjoyed.
Along with the rich heritage of Kerala traveler can also indulge in amazing water activities as this place offers may thrilling experience to explore and enjoy.
God’s own country Kerala has been overlooked by many travelers, however, known to be one of the topmost destinations in India to enjoy water activities. It is an abode to the range of water sports that will offer you a memorable holiday.
Water activities you can enjoy in Kerala
- Banana boat ride
- Bamboo Rafting
- River crossing
- Scuba diving
- Catamaran Sailing
Spots in Kerala where you can enjoy water activities
- Banana boat ride at Kannur
- Enjoy bamboo rafting in Wayanad and Periyar. Primal bamboo rafting destination in Kerala is Periyar Lake flowing athwart Periyar National Park in Thekkady.
- Kayaking in Alleppey is the best option. Enjoy kayaking in Kerala Backwaters and Nileshwaram, Kasaragod is a must.
- Take boating in Pookode lake and Banasura Sagar Dam in Wayanad
- Go through river crossing in Munnar
- Get Wave runner activity at Payyambalam beach, Kannur
- Popular surfing destination in Kerala includes Kovalam beach, Varkala Beach, Kappil Beach, Tiruchindur and Poovar.
- Some of the most sought after rafting destinations in Kerala includes Vythiri River in Wayanad, Tejaswini River in Kannur district, Iruvanjhipuza as well as Chalipuza rivers in Tusharagiri, and Boothathankettu in Ernakulam.
- Some most popular Catamaran Sailing destinations are Varkala, Kovalam and Alappuzha.
- Ideal snorkeling destinations in Kerala are Kovalam beach and Varkala beach
- Some of the preferred scuba diving destinations in Kerala are at Varkala beach and Cochin.
If you are a water sports enthusiast then, this blog is best for you as you should not miss out to read it. Whether it’s rafting or snorkeling, scuba diving or boating India has some of the best destinations to enjoy the best water sports.
Many people head towards many places abroad to experience water sports adventure. There are plenty of options in India too that should not be overlooked and should be visited by every adventure enthusiast.
Let us know in comments, which are your favorite water sports destinations in India?
You will be happy to hear that we have recently created a video that takes content from above guide for a quick overview.
Checkout the short video: