Last Updated on March 16, 2021 by Editorial Staff
India is one of the best countries in the world to visit for tourists as there are so many experiences that tourists can get only in India. Culture of India is unique and each state and city has its own culture. There are so many places to visit in India in June to relax during this summer.
India has many tourist destinations including many hill stations in different states.
June is the starting point for the monsoon season for many states in India. The Indian government has invested in the tourist infrastructure and both domestic and international tourists visit many hill stations in India during the month of June.
Weather in June
In June, the southern and western states start getting rains in the first and second week of the month. Northern states receive rainfall a little later at the end of the month or at the beginning of July.
Hill stations in the southern states are cool and likely to get rainfall during this season whereas hill stations in the north are a cool getaway from the heat of the cities in the region.
Hill Stations in India
Coorg is a beautiful hill station in Karnataka known for its lush green forests and paddy fields. There are many plantations in the area and also many tourist attractions and things to do for tourists visiting this area. It is the best places to visit in june to enjoy weekend with your friends in india.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Coorg:
- Raja’s Seat is a beautiful park full of flowers and artificial fountains very popular with tourists. Omkareshwara Temple and Madikeri Fort are great historical tourist destinations in Coorg that are visited by domestic and international tourists visiting Coorg. One of the most famous is the Abbey Falls which is a waterfall in Coorg.
- The Government Museum, View Point Park, St. Michael’s Church, and Mercara Downs Golf Club are some of the best places to visit in Coorg. Its cuisine is famous all over the world.
A resort town in Himachal Pradesh, Manali is a famous hill station not just in India but all over the world. It has a spectacular backdrop of the Himalayan snowcapped mountains. June is an ideal time to visit as the temperatures are mild during this month.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Manali
- There are many temples in Manali which tourists can visit. Manali Sanctuary is a perfect place for tourists to see the wildlife and flora and fauna in the region.
- Mall Road is the main tourist shopping area in Manali and other good areas for shopping are Manu Market and Tibetan Market.
- Various natural tourist attractions include Bhrigu Lake, Jogini Falls, and Pin Valley National Park. Van Vihar, Tibetan Monasteries, Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, and The Great Himalayan National Park are all great tourist attractions in Manali.
Another hill station in Himachal Pradesh with similar weather as Manali in June is Dalhousie. Dalhousie is located on five hills and there is a lot of rain in June in this hill station.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Dalhousie
- There are many natural wildlife sanctuaries in Dalhousie. Kalatop Khajjiar Sanctuary, Dainkund Peak, Khajjiar Lake, Kalatop Forest, and Jot Pass are all major tourist attractions in Dalhousie.
- Khajjiar region is known as the Switzerland of the east, and the Chamera Dam Reservoir region is one of the tourist attractions in the region.
- There are many famous churches worth visiting including St. John’s Church, St. Francis Church, and St. Patrick’s Church. The Tibetan market is a great area to visit for shopping in Dalhousie.
Himachal Pradesh has mild weather with a little rainfall in June and Mcleodganj is another hill station popular with tourists in this state. It is situated in the scenic slopes of the Dhauladhar Range in this region.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Mcleodganj
- Mcleodganj is a great place to visit for people who want to see the natural hilly landscapes in the foothills of the Himalayas. Tourist attractions like the Dal Lake, Triund, Kareri Lake, Indrahar Pass, Bhagsunag Waterfalls, Naddi View Point, and there are many temples and Tibetan monasteries in Mcleodganj.
- This is a hub of Tibetan culture in India and Naddi Road is a great place to shop for Tibetan artifacts in this town. Some of the architectural wonders worth visiting for tourists include Kangra Fort, St. John in the Wilderness Church, Namgyal Monastery, and the Tibetan Museum.
Wayanad is a beautiful hill station town in the lush green forest interiors of the state of Kerala. This tourist destination in the Western Ghats is known for its great weather in June with rainfall, lush green paddy fields, and beautiful coconut trees. It is also one of the famous hill stations of Kerala.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Wayanad
- There are many tourist attractions in Wayanad including the famous Edakkal Caves, Soochipara Waterfalls and the area around the Banasura Sagar Dam. Other natural attractions include Kuruva Dweep, Pookode Lake, Karlad Lake, and Thusharagiri Falls.
- Lakkidi View Point, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, and Chembra Peak are other tourist destinations and Wayanad has a good tourist infrastructure to cater to different types of tourists.
Uttarakhand is a beautiful Himalayan state in India and Mussoorie is a beautiful and scenic destination in this state. Mussoorie is the best places to visit in june in india with family to spend your precious time. It has many hotels and resorts and June is an excellent time to visit as the weather is mild.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Mussoorie
- There are plenty of places to go and things to do while visiting Mussoorie. Nahata Estate, Gun Hill, Kempty Falls, Lake Mist and Mussoorie Lake are all top tourist destinations.
- Mall Road and Tibetan Market Gali are the best shopping area and the famous ropeway is popular with tourists.
- Mossy Falls, Christ Church, George Everest Peak, and many churches, temples, and monasteries are popular with tourists.
Auli is a tourist destination that showcases the snowy slopes of the Himalayas in the winter and the beautiful landscapes of the region during the milder months like June. This skiing destination in India also has beautiful tourist attractions in the summer and monsoon months.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Auli
- There are some really cool tourist attractions in Auli. Besides the Ropeway, famous attractions include Auli Artificial Lake, green pastures of Gorson Bugyal, Chattrakund, Kwani Bugyal meadows, and Chenab Lake.
- There are many temples to visit in Auli as well as many beautiful scenic destinations.
8. Leh Ladakh
The region is in the beautiful state of Jammu and Kashmir knew for its large magnificent landscapes, mountain ranges, and beautiful Tibetan monasteries and gets tourists all around the year. If you are planning for your holiday then it is the best places to visit in june in india for 3 days with your friends.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Leh Ladakh
- The beautiful Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, Spituk Monastery, the Army Hall of Fame, the Central Asian Museum and the Indian Astronomical Observatory are all great places to visit.
- Tibetan Monasteries, the Jama Masjid, the Old Town area of Leh and Nubra Valley are great tourist attractions and June is one of the best times of the year to visit this region in India.
Rishikesh is a pilgrimage destination in India visited by domestic and international tourists near Dehradun in Uttarakhand. This is a historic location in the foothills of the Himalayas on the banks of River Ganga. You can also enjoy Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Rishikesh
- Tourists visit the temples and ashrams in Rishikesh and many go to this city for a spiritual visit. The Ram Jhula and the Lakshman Jhula are famous bridges in Rishikesh worth visiting.
- One of the best things to do in Rishikesh is white water rafting and riverside camping. The Ganga beach area is popular with tourists who like adventure sports and the Rajaji National Park is a great choice to experience the wildlife and natural habitat of the region.
In the eastern foothills of the Himalayas, the famous Darjeeling hill station is known for the tea plantations in the region. The summer resort for the British during the Raj and the toy train is a top tourist attraction in Darjeeling today.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Darjeeling
- Visiting the tea plantations that produce the world famous Darjeeling tea is a good choice and places like Happy Valley Tea Estate are often visited by tourists.
- Tenzing Rock, a shopping area in Mall Road, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway’s toy train, and the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park are some major tourist attractions.
- The spectacular viewing points in this Darjeeling hills with scenic views of the Kanchenjunga and other mountains, the monasteries, and lakes, orchards, and gardens make Darjeeling a worth visit and in June rainfall is a factor in this area.
Kodaikanal is one of the best tourist destinations in Tamil Nadu and a great place to visit in June. This is a tropical paradise, is located in the Palani Hills and is a popular tourist destination in southern India:
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Kodaikanal
- Kodaikanal Lake in this town is an artificial star-shaped lake that is a major tourist attraction in Kodaikanal. Coaker’s Walk, Bryant Park, Chettiyar Park Road for shopping, the Kodaikanal Pine Forest and the Guna Caves are all places to visit in Kodaikanal.
- There are many waterfalls for the tourists to visit in the town including famous ones like the Silver Cascade Waterfalls, Liril Falls and the Fairy Falls.
12. Mount Abu
A top tourist destination in northern India, the Mount Abu hill station is very popular in India. In June, it is a great place to visit to escape the heat in northern India and it is located in the picturesque Aravalli Range.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Mount Abu
- Many people visit Mount Abu for their honeymoon in northern India. Nakki Lake is a scenic lake situated in the mountains. Places like Toad Rock, Sunset Point, Trevor’s Tank to see the local wildlife and Rishikesh Waterfalls are all top places to visit.
- Many temples and Rajasthani forts in the area are worth visiting and Mount Abu has a good tourist infrastructure.
Shillong is one of the best hill stations to visit in Northeastern India and is the capital of the state of Meghalaya. The rolling hills of this region remind people of Scotland and there are plenty of attractions for tourists.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Shillong
- Elephant Falls is a popular waterfall to visit along with other beautiful waterfalls like Sweet Falls, Bishop’s fall and Crinoline Falls in the region.
- Tourist attractions include Umiam Lake, Ward’s Lake, Lady Hydari Park, Shillong Golf Course, Shillong Peak, and Don Bosco Museum, many other naturals, botanical and wildlife museums.
This is a top tourist destination in southern Kerala and is known for its beautiful mountains and lovely tea gardens. Ponmudi Peak is a famous peak in this region and there are many natural tourist destinations in Ponmudi.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Ponmudi
- Meenmutty Waterfalls, Mankayam Waterfalls, Braemore Marigold Estate, Brimore Waterfalls, the Golden Valley, and Peppara Wildlife Sanctuary are all major tourist attractions.
- The valleys and hills have reputed natural reserves, wildlife protection areas making a great tourist destination.
Sikkim is a state in India and a major tourist destination for tourists. This Himalayan state is located along the border of India, Nepal, and Bhutan and is the starting point of Northeastern India. It is one of the best places to visit in june in india to make your honeymoon memorable.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Sikkim
- Gangtok which is the capital of Sikkim is worth a visit. Sikkim is known for its scenic mountains, lakes and natural landscapes. It is also known for Tibetan monasteries and many popular tourist destinations.
- Besides Gangtok, popular places to visit include Pelling, Lachung, Yumthang, and Khanchendzonga National Park. Other natural parks, Zuluk, and Nathan Valley are some other major tourist destinations.
This place is in Himachal Pradesh is another top hill station in the region situated in the Parvati Valley. Kasol has a mild climate in June and it is a perfect destination for tourists who like to experience the scenic beauty of nature.
Tourist Attractions and Things to Do in Kasol
- Some of the popular tourist destinations include Chalal Trek Trail, Rasol Pass, Kasol Valley Forest, and has many Hindu temples for tourists to visit.
- The Kasol Music Festival is very famous in the region and the flora and fauna in this region are absolutely spectacular.
The above-mentioned tourist destinations are perfect to visit during the month of June in India and there are many places to visit and things to do for tourists looking to experience good weather and a lovely culture in these hill stations in India.